niedziela, 1 kwietnia 2012

that little thing at the end of the lace

Millions of people every day asking what the fuck is that? What's it called?

the answer is quite surprising that little thing is: AGLET
yah, the subject who loom large in our mind, thing protruding from the hood, which has been chewed by kids through all the lessons  has that strange name.


from wiki:
An aglet (or aiglet) is a small plastic or metal sheath typically used on each end of a shoelace, cord, or drawstring. An aglet keeps the fibers of the lace or cord from unraveling; its firmness and narrow profile make it easier to hold and easier to feed through the eyelets, lugs, or other lacing guides.




If not for my gf I would not know this, thanks to her for the end of my nightmare.
and thaks to this guys for end her nightmare: 

9 komentarzy:

  1. Well you do learn something new every day.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. AHHHHHH!!!! I learnt the name from Phineas and Ferb as well! Who knew a kid's show could be so entertaining and educational at the same time?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Aglet??? Sounds so stupid. But good to know there's a word for this thing :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. never knew that bro :) aglet sounds weird

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Sounds like an obscure piece of armor. Which it is I guess.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Thanks for letting us know, I knew their uses, but I never heard what exactly they were called.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Interesting fact! I never really cared about it that much. I just thought of it as part of the shoelace.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Well I guess I learned something new today. How random, but useful.

    OdpowiedzUsuń